James & Rebecca Wedding

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend just gone 🙂 Friday was the first of two wonderful weddings for me and the weather was spot on. The day started at 6.30am with a 2 hour drive down to Nottingham where the Bridal Preparations, Ceremony and afternoon/evening celebrations were taking place. James & Rebecca both went to University in the city and with Rebecca’s family mostly living around the area they decided on the stunning venue that is Colwick Hall Hotel.

The Bridal preparations was good fun with the girls getting ready in their rooms whilst I documented the build up whilst capturing the smaller details. James was to also get ready but on the other side of the Hotel and was to only arrive at around 12pm. I had time in between to get a couple of photographs of the ceremony room to which I was greatly surprised to see a familiar face. Steven Heath who I had the pleasure of hearing back a couple of weeks ago at Kieran and Tracey’s wedding in Styal Lodge in Manchester was to spend a few hours entertaining this wedding’s guests. I finished upstairs with the girls and awaited their arrival downstairs with Rebecca’s Dad and Brother.

Everyone was ready for the arrival of the Bride especially James as he waited at the front of the aisle with his Best men and Ushers. The ceremony was underway as soon as Rebecca, her Dad and Bridesmaids entered the room and made their way down the aisle. Their were two readings spoken and once rings were exchanged and the signing of the register was complete it was time for the new Mr & Mrs Beaumont to smile away as they were to walk hand-in-hand back up the aisle and be presented with their celebratory glass of fizz. Before everyone tucked into the canapes on offer we did the confetti shot out the front which was great!

The group shots were later captured overlooking the beautiful lake that surrounded the venue at the rear. I like to get this part out of the way but I love to make it fun and interactive keeping smiles on faces 🙂

It was soon time for the wedding breakfast and then a couple of hours later, the speeches. The afternoon had flown by as everyone came outside afterwards so the room could be turned around for the evening party. Myself, James and Rebecca headed off around the venue’s grounds both inside and out to capture the more intimate photographs of them together. It was great fun chatting with them whilst doing this and after we were done it was lovely to hear they enjoyed it also 🙂

So the time had come for the official cutting of the cake and then lead straight into the first dance. The newly weds requested that I stay behind for a short time to capture the dancing in full flow which I was happy to do. As much as I would have loved to stay longer and capture the whole evening I knew I had to hit the road and get back as I had to get up early once again for my next wedding. The 2.5 hour journey saw me arrive home at 11pm and after the photographs were downloaded onto the computer I then enjoyed a little shut eye!

I hope the happy couple had an absolute blast with their lovely family and friends. Enjoy these sneak peek shots from the day and I look forward to sending them the remainder of the day’s wedding images soon.